Guess who’s back, back again? I am back. It’s me.
Today I bring you a rather informal post to announce my return and thoughts about the new year. Sorry it’s a bit late. Truthfully, it has taken me a while to collect my thoughts, but I’ve come up with a few of my bests, self-reflections, and goals for 2018. One of them being to blog more.
Let’s get into it.
- Took an art class and found a new channel for my creativity
- Completed my undergraduate degree
- Gained a feeling of independence
- Gained respect and love for myself
- Saw a lot of flowers
- Discovered new music
- Laughed a lot, loved a lot
The big takeaways.
While many unsettling things happened in the world this year (and I do fear for what the future holds under a bigoted administration), 2017 was such a huge step forward for me in my personal life.
I am proud of myself for what I have accomplished and who I have become this year. I am stronger than I have ever been. I’ve grown kinder and more thoughtful. I have so much more confidence in what I can do. I’ve gotten better and speaking kindly to myself. I am a work in progress, but the progress has already been tremendous.
The new year…
Holds a lot for me. Something I have learned this year, and it seems a basic lesson to learn, is that things really are what you make of them. Here are some of my most important goals for 2018:
- Get a job + move out of my parents’ house
- Travel to 3 new places
- Create more art
- Become reflexively kind and thoughtful
- Give modeling a full-on try
- Develop healthier habits
- Stop using social media/Internet as a time-filler
- Keep a more consistent blogging schedule + grow your blog audience
- Make new friends
- Take more photos of friends
There is a lot I want to accomplish in the next year, but setting goals is important. I think I will narrow things down and set-up some check points for myself along the way.
Welcome, 2018. Please be good to us.